March 9, 2010

First Bloom

How delightful this early March weather has been! Mild, sunny, and just warm enough for my bulbs to send up their leaves. Today, while I was out playing with the tot, I noticed three bright yellow crocuses were awake, bowing their delicate heads towards us as if to say 'hello'.



I once read that when the first bloom appears in Spring, peas should be planted in the ground. The garden is not quite ready and rain will be hitting the area hard all week. My goal is by St. Patrick's Day. Along with the peas, I will sow chard, lettuce, beets, radishes, and bok choy along with setting out the already started onions.

Here's todays list of started seeds!



Tomatoes
Matt's Wild Cherry(OP)
Green Doctors(OP)
Depp's Pink Firefly(OP)
Indian Stripe(OP)
Indiana Red(OP)
Granny Cantrell(OP)
Kellogg's Breakfast(OP)
Costoluto Genovese(OP)
Big Beef Beefsteak(F1)

Eggplant, Rosa Bianca

Peppers
Jalapeno
Hungarian Paprika

No comments: