February 14, 2009

My Green Valentine

It's an understood fact that we don't "celebrate" Valentine's Day in our household. There are no cards, no flowers, no big night out. We are lovable and thoughtful in our own ways.

I'm a firm believer that a way to a man's heart is through his stomach - so I did what I do best - made cupcakes. A chocolate version by Ina Garten topped with pink icing. They are totally decadent.


My husband surprised me with a stop by our favorite sushi restaurant, Ichiban. Sammy makes the BEST sushi I've ever had (and I've had a lot of sushi). We tried out a new roll, the Green Roll, made with salmon and avocado, rolled inside out with a soy wrapper with tiny green roe on top and a creamy sauce on the side. It was fresh and delicious.

When we returned home, he again surprised me with a new book. I love this man, but who's he calling an idiot!?

No comments: